It's impossible on New Year's Eve not to reflect on what's past and cast hope for what is yet to come. I feel poised on the edge of something, and I'm ready to make 2012 happen in a very good way.
A few realizations from 2011 -
- Now that I'm 50, I'm not nearly as concerned with looks as I am with attitude and perspective.
- I'm more easily able to turn off the self talk that's played in my head for years (about myself and others) and I'm happy to see it go.
- I really do remember how to drive a stick shift.
- I'm amazed at the power of the mind and how it influences and determines every choice we make, from what's on our plates to what we believe about ourselves (right or wrong).
- God can be trusted through thick and thin, and is with me 24/7. No one else can make that claim.
What is one thing you've learned in 2011, and what's your highest hope for 2012?
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Much appreciated!